My card was declined What should I do? 
Last modified on
2/1/2017 1:38 PM 


If your method of payment was declined, read some frequently asked questions to resolve your outstanding balance.

Why is my credit card being declined?

Contact your financial institution for more details. It could be as simple as your card has expired.

How can I update the credit card information you have on file for my account?

The best way to update your payment method is on myHughesNet.com Sign In or Register to access all your account information. Payment Type is located under the Billing menu under myAccount.

If I update the credit card information via myHughesNet.com, will the total balance due on my account be charged to the updated card?

Yes, the updated credit card will be charged the full amount due within three calendar days following your update.

I am unable to access myHughesNet.com; who can I call?

Call Customer Care at 866-347-3292. Business Internet customers call 866-347-3272. Use the voice prompts to check your balance and change your credit card information. If you are not comfortable with using an automated system, you can follow the number prompt to speak to a live representative to assist you.

What will happen if I do not update my credit card information?

If you have an overdue balance on your account that is not resolved within 10 days, your HughesNet account will be suspended. If you have an overdue balance that is not resolved within 45 days, your service will be canceled and you may be subject to early termination fees. To read your full Terms and Conditions click here.

What if I don't have a valid credit card at this time?

You may call Customer Care toll free at 866-347-3292 to make an electronic check payment (direct debit) for the balance due.