How do I keep my existing phone number with HughesNet Voice?
Last modified on
2/1/2017 2:36 PM
Most new HughesNet Voice customer can keep their existing telephone number. To do so, submit a porting request following the instructions below.
What is Number Porting?
Number porting is the process of taking a telephone number previously used with another carrier and transferring it to your new service. Simply put, porting allows you to keep your current telephone number.
Things to consider before submitting a port request
The process of transferring your current telephone number to HughesNet voice is simple; however, there are few things to be aware of before you initiate this process:
Only the customer can initiate this request. A HughesNet Customer Care representative can assist in walking you through the number porting process, but cannot complete the request on your behalf because you are the owner of the current telephone number.
Do not cancel service with your current telephone provider until the number porting process has completed. If you cancel service with your old provider before the port request has completed, your previous telephone provider may recycle that telephone number and you could lose the ability to keep your number. Wait until you have received confirmation that your port request has finished before you terminate service with your current carrier.
The process of porting a telephone number from a previous telephone provider to HughesNet Voice can take up to 10 business days. During this time period you will be assigned a telephone number from HughesNet so you can remain connected to friends and family.
We will keep you informed with periodic email messages during this process. Check you email frequently so htat you don't miss important updates.
- Cancelling your previous service
How to Submit a Port Request
- Go to myHughesNet.com and log into your account. If you have not created an account, please do so now.
- After you have logged in, navigate to myAccount and the Billing menu. Click on My Services.
Next, click on Manage for HughesNet Voice Service.
- You will now be required to create a second login to the HughesNet Voice Web Self-Care Portal. This is to keep your telephone information secure. Start by entering your SAN and Zip code at your installation address. Then enter the email address you would like to use for this login. This can be the same address you created to manage your HughesNet account - or any other email addresses you want to use. Then create a new password for the Web Self-Care Portal.
- Next, you will be required to select additional security questions for the Web Self-Care Portal login. Remember your answers, as they will be required to recover you password if needed. When finished, click on the 'Save' button.
- You are now registered for Web Self-Care. From here you can access all of the features associated with your HughesNet Voice account, such as call forwarding, voicemail, call rejection, simultaneous ring, and call records.
Next, select the "Port My Number" option at the top of the webpage.
- The next page shown will collect information required to complete a number of transfer. Please provide the most accurate information possible to avoid a port rejection.
Click the hyperlink at the top of the page to read common reasons a port request could fail. Click on "?" to see helpful tips.
- After you have entered all your information, click the 'Submit Port Request' button at the bottom of the page. From this point your request will take up to 10 business days to complete. You will receive email updates throughout the process.
In the event that your port request fails or is delayed you will receive an email explanation. Follow the step-by-step instructions in the email to resolve the issue.
If you have any further questions, please contact the HughesNet Customer Support at 866-347-3292. Business Internet Customer call 866-347-3272.
Voice | Zone Alarm | Express Repair | PC System Essentials